"Helping Federal Workers Get their Claims Accepted And Return To Work As Soon As Possible"

Step-by-Step Guide: What Do You Do After an Injury at Work?

When you are injured at work, it’s crucial to take action immediately. Your first step is to report the injury as soon as possible to a supervisor. This includes any illness or disease that is related to, or worsened by, your employment. It can also be related to damage sustained to any medical devices.

Once your physical injuries have been treated, it is time to address the inevitable legal matters, especially those concerning the Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs(OWCP). Here’s what you need to know.

CA-10 Form and Other Work Injury Paperwork

The Workers’ Compensation process begins with the CA-10 document. This gives information on the other forms needed to make a claim. Once you have reported your injury, ask your supervisor to fill out a CA-16 authorization form.

How To File For Worker's Compensation

This form needs to be brought with you to the physician of your choosing. If you need emergency care, no prior authorization is needed. For occupational disease, prior approval from OWCP must be obtained before issuing a CA-16.

Complete or obtain a CA-1 form from your employer and turn it in as written notice within 30 days of the injury. For occupational disease, use a CA-2 form. Obtain a receipt of notice of the injury completed by your supervisor for your personal records.

If you are disabled due to traumatic injury, you may claim continuation of pay (COP) not to exceed 45 calendar days, or use leave. A claim for COP must be submitted no later than 30 days following the injury. If disabled beyond the COP period, or if you are not entitled to COP, you may claim compensation on form CA-7 or use leave.

If you are disabled due to an occupational disease, you may claim compensation on form CA-7 or use leave. A claim for compensation for disability should be submitted as soon as possible after it is apparent that you are disabled and will enter leave-without-pay status.

FIC Trained Federal Work Injury Doctors

Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs forms can be confusing for the average person. At Federal Injury Centers Inc., our doctors and staff are very familiar with OWCP claims.

As an FIC Trained Federal Work Injury Doctors, we offer free claims support to help injured federal employees receive the federal workers’ compensation benefits offered to them by the Federal Employees Compensation Act (FECA). We make sure no details are missed.

Some of the injuries we treat include:

  • Back
  • Neck
  • Shoulder
  • Wrist
  • Hand
  • Knee
  • Ankle
  • Foot

Our doctors search for the source of the injury instead of covering it up with heavy medications so that our patients can heal and not re-injure themselves.

Our healthcare providers have an in-depth understanding of the complicated paperwork required for work-related injuries to help ensure the claims process is as smooth as possible. Properly documenting workplace injuries helps ensure an injured worker receives all the benefits to which he or she is entitled. When these forms are not filled out correctly it can set back a claim or result in a denial of benefits.

The Department of Labor (DOL) OWCP reviews each claim and approves or denies benefits based on the information presented in your application.

We specialize in helping federal employees organize and file their Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs claims so that they have the greatest chance of being accepted. Although we cannot provide a guarantee that your claim will be accepted, we have a superb record of getting our patients’ claims accepted and can make sure your claim is completed and submitted properly.